Saturday, January 30, 2010

Going Out with a Bang

My wife and kids are lucky: when I die, I just want to be cremated. Forget mouldering away in a pool of chemicals under a patch of Kentucky Blue grass. No thanks.

I know, I know: different strokes for different folks, but cremation alone seems downright boring when compared to the guy I heard about today on the radio. When he dies, he wants to be cremated, the ashes packed into paper bags and then fired out of his beloved 110-pound replica cannon on the opening day of hunting season. Now that’s going out with a bang.

(Photo courtesy of Jason C. McMillian; original photo available at: http://library.thinkquest.org/25780/projects/38.shtml.)

2 comments:

Jason McMillian said...

I googled myself and found that you used my photo of the civil war cannon. Glad you liked it to post it on your blog. If your interested this cannon is in the Chickamauga Battlefield in Fort Oglethorpe, GA.

Tim said...

Hey Jason: thanks for the background information and for the use of the photo. (I know I didn't ask permission in advance, but since I don't make $ on the site, I figured you'd be okay with the promotion.) It's a great shot. Nice detail work.