Friday, January 30, 2009

Timzilla v. Bambi

So, the final tally is: Tim 1; Bambi 0. Actually, there were no winners in this particular contest, which was, of course, no contest at all.

It's been 30 years since I was involved in a collision with a deer, but last night on the way to a meeting in downtown Salt Lake it happened ... bam! ... just like that, without so much as a split second warning or chance to slow down.

I feel bad for my little corolla, certainly, which wasn't designed to flatten deer, but I feel worse for bambi, whose life slipped away on the cold asphalt in near freezing weather, guilty of doing nothing more than typical "deer stuff." Sadly, anyone who lives in Utah occupies a chunk of traditional winter range for mule deer, which have nowhere to go when the heavy snow falls but down in the valley with the dogs and the cars.

(To avoid paying our insurance deductible, I tried to use photoshop to fix the car, but--alas!--it didn't work. So I just hit "max" everything and came up with this. At least it's colorful.)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Bummer! I am sorry!